1. Pre-check: We conduct a general pre-check on each seller’s certifications and ethical claims by having discussions with the owners and management and referencing information available online.
3. Questionnaire: Sellers not possessing any of the official Fair Trade or Organic certifications (having a third party auditing or internal monitoring system reaching all the way to the worker level) are required to fill in Faire's Ethical Production Questionnaire. It maps the functions and production chain of sellers' products and aspects related to Faire's Core Ethical Principles. The comprehensive questionnaire is based on auditing questions used in Fair Trade, covering environmental and employer welfare-related issues through 29 questions.
- a). The information from each seller is analyzed individually and any additional information needs or needs for improvements are taken up with the seller. After providing all the needed information and completing the process successfully, the seller's products receive the Faire verified status in our online shop. The questionnaire/production update will be done annually, on top of regular communication with the sellers.
- b). In case a non-certified seller refuses to share the requested information, Faire abstains from selling these products.
- c). A periodical analysis and summary on the ethical questionnaire responses (keeping the sellers' details anonymous) will be shared with all sellers for mutual learning and sharing.
4. Impact Reporting: Faire will report on its activities and impact in an annual impact report, released in the first quarter of the following year.