The story of the Siiqqee product line
The Siiqqee Tote (pronounced: ‘tsikkee’) symbolizes the power of womanhood.
In Ethiopia, where our handbag was born, it is customary among women (in the Oromo culture), to carry the ‘Siiqqee’ (a wooden stick) on their way to special meetings on women’s rights and issues. Accordingly, a woman carrying a Siiqqee is untouchable and can do whatever is deemed right and necessary to protect herself or another woman from societal or domestic abuse.
The purpose of the Siiqqee Tote
Siiqqee Tote is the perfect day-to-day go to bag. It accommodates your daily items including laptop, iPad, lunch box, water bottles, coffee mug, etc. It is made of premium Ethiopian leather and craftswomanship combined with European technical design. This tote is simple yet the perfect item to own. It can be worn over the shoulder or across the body.
- Outer dimensions: 34cm (height) x 42cm (length) x 12cm (depth)
- The shoulder strap is between 25cm and 117cm long, depending on it's setting.
- Magnetic closure on the outside of the bag
- 1 inner pocket without any closure
- 2 external pockets without any closure